Gazelle AA special frame

Frerman

Retro Newbie
Hello!

First time poster and all that!

My quarantine hobby has been dipping my toes ever further into the pool of retro bikes and therefore trawling the internet looking at bikes that I can lust over. I found one on eBay that really intrigued me but I couldn’t find any more information about it.

It LOOKS to be a genuine gazelle AA special frame. All the gazelle marks where they should be etc. But it doesn’t have a ‘champion mondial’ decal on it - just the name of a Dutch rider instead on the top tube.

It’s also in what seems to be a pretty unusual colour scheme. Green and white.

Was wondering if anyone with more expertise might be able to tell me if that’s usual/unusual/sign of a fake and what have you!

Thanks!

Re:

Reynolds frame decal looks to be 531 Competition dating frame from 1989 onwards. Gazelle brochures show this AA Special model with this style of Gazelle decals model from 1989-1993. Chroming variations on rear stays, concealed top tube cable variations and lack of top tube model decal would not concern me when consider an ex pro bike. Dutch rider was a pro rider from 1991, so nothing to alert concerns and suggests that duo tone paint scheme is probably original.

Back