For Sale Gauging interest; MAG 21 air seals (rubber plugs)

Do you want some fork seals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@MuchAlohaNui
You'll find the post somewhere, both of us are on the thread.
( edit https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/rock-shox-mag-21-style-air-needle-valve.268636/ )
What sort of rebuild kit do you want.

Bushings, I have a few sets but they are not often be needed.
Oil seal, they're out there and I have a few spare original sets. Note if updating MAG20/30 to newer seals you need to alter the metal ring/oring setup a bit.
O rings & Circlips, just measure them up.

Dust wiper seal, well they're not needed (use boots) ;-)
Boots....

The set (MAG I forget, 30 probably) with the different air seal set.. well they're bugger anyway and I can do it, but I'll swear a lot. Just get some different MAGs ;-)
---
Excellent @My_Teenage_Self

Last edited:
I have a 94'ish Mag 21 SL, and a few 92 Mag 10's. One of the Mag 10's doesn't even rebound and has leaked what I am guessing all the oil out. Having the ability to repair the one fork and also have spare parts on hand to repair again + repair the other two forks would be sweet. I don't mind hording repair kits. ;) I suppose I can IM you photos of what I am working with. Also the thread you posted has good info, mahalo!

yep, from the other thread, this is all I'm doing;

find a metal/plastic sheet 8mm thick.

drill an 8.5mm hole through (ensure the bore ends up smooth) and smear the thinest layer of vaseline in it as possible

Fill with Automotive RTV silicone (ensuring no bubbles during the fill)

leave for AT LEAST a week, (that thickness takes a while to go off) then push out with an 8mm rod.

admire your plug, grease it, then fit into top cap.

sharpen a spoke, and make sure it's smooooooooth.

Grease said spoke, and push it through your fill hole.

Done.

@MuchAlohaNui
You'll find the post somewhere, both of us are on the thread.
( edit https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/rock-shox-mag-21-style-air-needle-valve.268636/ )
What sort of rebuild kit do you want.

Bushings, I have a few sets but they are not often be needed.
Oil seal, they're out there and I have a few spare original sets. Note if updating MAG20/30 to newer seals you need to alter the metal ring/oring setup a bit.
O rings & Circlips, just measure them up.

Dust wiper seal, well they're not needed (use boots) ;-)
Boots....

The set (MAG I forget, 30 probably) with the different air seal set.. well they're bugger anyway and I can do it, but I'll swear a lot. Just get some different MAGs ;-)
---
Excellent @My_Teenage_Self
Hi @FluffyChicken. Do you have any of the plugs and o-rings that go way inside the bottom of the fork leg? I didn't realize these were even inside, but I did after I powder coated the legs and these things burst and popped right out, destroyed. Was thinking of buying trashed mag 21s from folks and cutting the legs open to harvest them out, but seems a bit wasteful. Would love to just get some of these parts.

Weird. Does that work?

Edit, nope! It appears I can't link to retrobike pages?? Well, the for sale thread is in the for sale section :(

Back