FS: WTB Phoenix Single Speed

Simon

Senior Retro Guru
19.5" Wilderness Trail Bikes (WTB) Phoenix single speed, in pillar box red. Expertly TIG-welded by Steve Potts, with virtually invisible welds (in fact around the BB I'd swear it's been fillet-brazed. V-brake only - nice and light, easy to setup and a lot cheaper than discs.

As far as I'm aware this is the only one ever made - by the time the WTB shop closed around the turn of the century the whole singlespeed thing was in its infancy, and the 19.5" size was only offered from 1998 onward.

I've posted a bunch of photos below, but let me know if you want any more. The frame has been ridden but is in very good condition (that's mud on the dropouts, I'll clean it off)

Specs are:

Seat Tube C-C 19.5"
Seat Tube C-T 21"
Top Tube Actual 23.5"
Top Tube Effective ~24.5"
Head Tube 7"

Steerer is 1 1/8", it's got standard 135mm dropout spacing and from memory takes a 27.2mm seatpost.

It's one of the most beautifully-made frames I've ever seen, surpassing my old Ibis in terms of weld quality and attention to detail. I'll be sad to see it go, but I have too many other commitments to justify keeping hold of it.

I’m looking for £300 plus post – Steve doesn’t work in steel any more, but these were about £900 when new.

yt3yiw.jpg

yt3yir.jpg

yt3yi0.jpg

yt3yx1.jpg

yt3yxy.jpg

yt3yio.jpg

yt3yi6.jpg

yt3yiz.jpg

yt3yiv.jpg

yt3yiq.jpg

yt3yiu.jpg

yt3yit.jpg

(tongue in cheek) best put a price on etc...

I’m looking for £300 plus post – Steve doesn’t work in steel any more, but these were about £900 when new.

I edited it within 30 seconds of posting, you're too quick :)

That is so nice, don't suppose you want some sort of part ex with a freshly resprayed XL Yo?

Simon":1ctnx8st said:
Steerer is 1 1/8", it's got standard 135mm dropout spacing and from memory takes a 27.2mm seatpost.
I would've guessed 31.8 for the seatpost.

Lovely frame, but too big for me. Phoenixes size small too, so that's for quite a tall rider.

Back