FS: Proflex/X-Works XP6 (856) Complete Bike

karlf

Retro Newbie
I'm selling my complete ProFlex/X-Works XP6 (856) as I need to free up the space :(

It's in good condition overall, but obviously there are a few small chips to the paintwork on a bike of this age, plus a couple of larger chips on the right fork leg (see last picture below). There is also a small dent in the top tube (you can just see it above the "X" in the 3rd photo below).

It rides well - everything works, and it's had new SRAM cables all round this spring plus new Michelin tyres.

Spec is as follows:

Frame size 18"
Girvin forks (Vector 2's I believe)
Springs over ODS dampers front & rear (to replace the original elastomer setup)
GripShift 450FFS shifters/levers with new SRAM cables
Shimano STX front mech/Deore LX rear
Mavic 238 rims with new Michelin WildGrip'R tyres
Shimano STX hubs
Dia-Compe VC700 brakes
O'Neal Azonic 50mm riser bars
Kore LiteStem 3

I'll include the old elastomer-compatible front damper in case anyone wants to revert it to its original status!

Here are some pics (you can view larger versions, and a few more pics, at https://www.flickr.com/photos/16397740@N05/sets/72157646140584210/):

14758524377_6f49906103_z.jpg

14758445318_ec8bbb8021_z.jpg

14758382689_7c610b50c5_z.jpg

£150 - collection only please, from East Sussex (I'm in Brighton/Hove).

Please PM me if interested!

nice!!! have always liked these! the only wonder is im sure teh last one i had weighted the same as a small car?!...whats it like for weight? (I have enough bulk to carry round!!)

Re:

Well I just weighed it using the bathroom scales (best I could do!) and it's about 13kgs.

So I guess it depends on what counts as heavy in your book!! :)

Re:

great bike and I bet you could save a good bit of weight just by putting on a flite and some spds good price GLWTS.

Back