From Heaven to Hell. All to ride a bicycle.

madjh

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
All people likes good bicycles. But for one or annother reason we have a bad one. If you whant to share your "jewel" with us, feel free to post a image. This is my story:

Image you have some nice bicycles and you like to ride them. You can not pass a week without your "dosis" of cycling and enjoyment.

Of course you like the good stuff and have work hard to get some nice parts. It doesn´t matter if they are expensive or not, they are the best to your eyes.

One day you have to go abroad to work for several months and you cannot take you babes with you. Time pass and you miss your family and your bicycles ... You start to rent some crappy bicycles but it is not enough, you need to own one and if you have a problem, nothing happens because it is your bicycle and you have no limit of time.

And you end with this ... How the hell I have end with this. 1619541070752.png I call "rusty". The paint looks more less good but has lot of bubbles.
1.jpeg

Well, it is retro. thumbies non syncronized, not compact chain rings and the worst welds I have seen in many years. One pedal is cracked but works, the plastic of one crank is craked, the brakes doesn´t do anything etc But it is mine and even a small rock is a challenge. The front wheel have some play that you take out and againg the same play comes. And the head set moves a bit and the crank set has play. It is like riding a normal bicycle with 2-3 liters of beer. But it is mine and it moves ... slowly but moves. Even the front wheel lock himself (the nut tighten him self locking the wheel: Solution turn the wheel 😅) I have only one tool. That is all. Any decent multi tool will cost me the same as the bicycle.
3.jpeg
Well, it is better than nothing. This long weekend I will explore the Vistula Lagoon ... if it doesn´t break. It could be a ride or a long walk back to the city .

Ride in paths are quite tricky ... it doesn´t whan to go straight.

2.jpeg

And this is how I ended with a cheap and bad bicycle. One more month and I will sell it or give away. It is not a fun bicycle because in any moment he do something strange and I can crash, but it is ok for the long weekends and keeps you busy.

Last edited:
Back