Fort Road Bike (non-retro)

sletti

Retro Guru
For Sale : Fort road bike

I need to reduce the fleet, so I'm selling my winter/training/hack/commuting bike. I had been lovingly maintined by myself, but it is just not getting used so he deserves to be under someone else's arse.

It is a Czech made aluminium Fort frame, with, rather oddly, steel forks. This was refinished a few years ago byr Mario Vaz in a classic Gulf colour scheme and I sweet talked some original decals from the Fort distributor in the states. The frame is a 21" I believe but I'll get some more difinitive measurments later today. I'm 6'2 and it fits fine with the stem reversed. It is quite sort so there is a bit of overlap between the leading foot and the mudguard. It's a very personal thing, but I have never had the slightest problem with it.

It has Miche brakes with koolstop salmon pads, Shimano 600 8 speed brifters, Ultegra rear mech, Coda chanset with OCtalink BB and a 38T chainring, 11-28 cassette, Shimano R500 wheels with 700x25 Gatorskins, Deda bars, canondale stem, charge Sppon saddle, and some decent quality mudguard (Blackburn I think, but whatever they are the stay in place and do not flop about).

It's a very nice bike to ride, and forgiving over a long ride (the steel fork is responsible I think), but as I say, he needs a new home because he is not being used, so maybe one of you lovely fellers can rehome him.

I'm looking for £250, but it is collection only unless we can hook up half way (I'm in Biggin Hill, in Kent).

BTW, in the pictures it has Speedplay pedals, but these I will be keeping. I can include a set of SPD or Look pedals if that floats your boat.

Thanks for looking

Stig

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,130
Re:

Finally had a measure if it is of interest to anyone.

Seat tube (C-C) = 21.5"
Top Tube (C-C) = 22"
Wheelbase 39.5"

yorkie1956":3eb61jxk said:
I like your Gulf Ford GT40 paint scheme. It reminds me of Steve McQueen and the old Le Mans film.

You are clearly a man of exquisite taste. ;)

Bump

I can fit it with a double chainset if anyone is interested. Not exactly dura ace level, but it will suffice...

Latest posts

Back