FOR SALE: Pace RC200 F6 with Original Pace RC36 Forks

mmbike

Retro Newbie
FOR SALE: An Original Pace RC200 F6 with Original Pace Pro Class Carbon RC36 Suspension Forks

I originally bought the frame and forks from Dave Bater Cycles in Bristol on 29th November 1997 and have the original receipt. I also have the original Pace Workshop Owners Manual which came with the frame stating it was built on 3rd March 1997 along with spare frame decals. The most 'recent' replacements have been the stem, bars, wheels, cassette & chain. The forks have always been serviced by Pace and the last time was approximately 3 years ago.
Over the last 2 years I’ve gone back to road racing and now use a cross bike during the winter to ride off road; so this bike has only been used once during that time and has been gathering dust and not 'earning its keep'.

I can also confirm that I am the only person to have owned the bike since new and no one else has used it other than for quick test rides around car parks. The frame is in very good condition except for the usual minor scrapes around the chain guard area and top tube. There are also some ‘ghost images’ of old sponsor’s logos on the top tube. (see photos)

The spec is as follows:

Date of Manufacture: 3rd March 1997
Pace Serial Number: F619109
Frame Colour: Bare Aluminium
Forks: Pace Pro Class Carbon RC36 - Titanium Nitride (TiNi) coated stanchions, carbon brace, magnesium canti studs. Eibach Coil springs with 90mm travel. (Forks came as standard with medium springs and 5.0 weight oil) These are undamaged, however the titanium gold coating has worn through on the lower end of the stanchions (still smooth - no scratches or abrasions).
Frame Size: 19 inches
Wheel Size: 26 inch
Rims: Mavic XC717 32 spokes
Hubs: Hope Silver
Chainset: Raceface Forged Triple
Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XT
Front Brake: Shimano Deore XT
Rear Brake: Shimano Deore XT
Shifters: Shimano 8 Speed
Front Mech: Shimano Deore XT
Rear Mech: Shimano Deore XT 8 Speed
Cassette: Shimano 8 Speed
Chain: Silver
Handle Bars: Ritchey WCS
Stem: Hope
Headset: Aheadset - Dedaelementi
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Bar Ends: X-Lite Stubbie Pro Series
Pedals: Shimano SPD
Tyre size: 26x1
Tyres: Continental Cross Country

Price £950

Some additional photos available by request.

Wanting to sell the whole bike and not parts.

As to delivery/ inspection currently based in Worcestershire but in Birmingham a lot so can either arrange to meet or courier.

Thanks

Back