Exposure lights run times?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Is there any info out there? They just seem to give min and max run times, but nothing in-between. I'm looking at either a Sirius or Boost for the front, to be used almost exclusively in daylight flash mode, and would like to know how long each is likely to last from a full charge. The only info given for the boost, for example, is 2-24 hours. I imagine day flash is somewhere between those, but where exactly?

The short answer is, it’s up to you.
The light will have a series of modes, which are slightly complicated to access/set (at least I find them to be on a Diabolo and Joystick) and you can aim for a run time you need and select the mode which gives it. So if you’re on an 8hr ride from fully charged, ensure you are at a mode and light level to give that. Obviously it’ll be less bright than if you want to run for an hour only. The in-ride selection is easier, between H-M-L.
In practice I stick to a mode, then adjust through H-M-L on a given setting through a ride. Can be low in town, well lit roads, still well able to be seen by traffic, then press to up to high on a dark B-road.
You get a good battery indicator through a green-amber-red progression, with flashing between.
If you can find the instructions online it should give a table, the on the larger lights it’s etched onto the light itself.
Great lights - would recommend.
Here’s the modes on a Diablo.
4A3EEAAC-5AD3-4AFE-A50D-3441DC40F685.png

Back