Do you think this might be a go-er, or steer clear??! 'Dale

TreaderSteve

Senior Retro Guru
Hello,

I've seen this, my size, seller says no dents (and will check the canti boss threads), but I have no experience of how sturdy 'Dale frames are. It would get some paint anyway, but some of the photos show sort of cracked-off paint. D'ya reckon I should walk away, or 'they all do that' with regards to the paint and shouldn't worry too much? Any experience shared greatly appreciated!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondale-M ... 1438.l2649

Thahttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondale-M ... 1438.l2649

Thanks,
Steven

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Looks half decent as the paint was terrible on most Dales from the period I’ve had over the years, be it from new and chipping easily to old clunkers with blistering due to the alloy.

Check the forks are straight and true along with the rear stays. Have a look inside the seat tube for any alloy corrosion and remnants of old seat posts as I’ve had a couple with issues. Write up a list of all the parts you think you’ll need specific to the frame from the catalogue list for your year as the costs build up quickly sourcing them if you go down the full restoration route.

Look decent built up and a little colour into the missing paint areas.

Re:

Looks fine ... my family all ride around on these (16 inch for the small people). They are light, responsive and easy to repair - any damage to the paint work has already been done; but the paint does chip if you ding them

Bare in mind that it'll come up bigger than a 19" though because of the higher BB on the BoTE frames. I imagine it'll be more like a 21/22", more suitable for >6'3" i'd say.
Ask seller for the frame #, you can workout size from that then look on the vintage cannodale website for the 93 catalogue and check the size chart

Back