djoptix <1998 FS - lots!

djoptix

Senior Retro Guru
Hello all. It's time for a serious clearout; I have made a deal with SWMBO, I get a Raleigh Randonneur and everything else goes. So here it is. I am open to offers and also (unusually for me) swaps - see the end of the post for what I'm after. Prices are posted, pickup from East Bristol very welcome, payment by PP gift or crisp green pennies. I have threads in MTB, >1998 and road, so please check them all out. So here it is…

First of all, <1998 specific stuff...

5766268454_9e48b7ae9f_z.jpg

Crud Catcher, keeping it strictly old skool, £6.

Shimano FC-MT60 Deore chainset, 175mm arms, grubby and with heel rub but c/w all bolts and rings. Big ring pretty good, granny almost unworn, middle ring pretty much worn out. Will split if you want any of the bits as follows: Cranks £12, rings £5, whole lot inc bolts £15.

Shimano FD-M400 front mech (Exage 400LX) and RD-M550 (Deore LX) rear mech. Both functioning and complete but rear mech jockeys are FUBAR. Think of it as a front mech with a free rear mech! £8.

Shimano SL-MT62 (Deore) 7x3 thumbies. Condition 6/10, one is missing its barrel adjuster. £10.

Shimano ST-M050 levers. Worn but working AOK. Built like brick outhouses! £10.

Zoom stem inc top cap, logos worn, £8.

"Long stem is long" black steel stem with built-in canti noodle, £6.

Specialized flat bar, badged "heat treated". Some scratches/marks under grips and some rust that's transferred itself from the stem to the bar (bar is alu). Sure it would clean up nicer, I just gave it a quick wipe. £7.

Hope Titanium front hub on Mavic 117 SUP rim, with Wheelsmith spokes no less! Bearings are phenomenal. Wheel is straight and true. I'm told that these hubs can develop cracks in the ends (which are alu) and on very close inspection there may be two minute cracks on one side. Or they could just be dirt, my stupid fat fingers can't reach them to find out. I've attempted to take a picture with my crap camera, if you're interested I'll break out the DSLR and get a proper one. Either way I have been riding around on this wheel, I'm 100 kilos, and it seems fine to me. £30.

5766268618_f74d83ce36_z.jpg

Frames & forks
5766268880_6fe2552016_z.jpg

Carrera Flex Quest F&F, 20" bb-collar, Tange, rides really lovely. I have been hanging onto this intending to build it up as a SS, as it has horizontal dropouts, but I'm facing up to the fact that it's not going to happen. Sale to include headset (which I serviced) and seatpost clamp. £25.

GT Timberline, again 20" bb-collar, Tange, WYSIWYG really. Ideal first GT perhaps - it was my first one! Sale to include headset, seatpost clamp, U-brake (with dog collar), but no BB. All threads etc are good except one of the rear rack mounts has a bolt stuck in it, which I'm sure could be removed with a pair of Mole grips and a helping of determination. £25.

On to the general interest stuff...

5766268140_98278df648_z.jpg

Cateye Kosmos computer. I remember properly lusting after one of these when I was little. Now I have one and I've never used it. I guess that sums up Retrobike really. £15 (to include the manual!!!)

Seatposts, all £8. Kalloy "long seatpost is long" 26.2, Kalloy 26.0, ITM rather nice fluted job in 26.2 flavour.

Cane Creek weird bar end things. Give you a couple of extra hand positions and they're actually quite a good idea. These ones are old and the rubber's going a bit sticky but hey, stick them on your hack or something. £3

Raleigh steel 700c forks with canti mounts, will include free headset! £12.

Bottle cages...

Plastic Specialized one, £3, sold pp

Alu unbranded job, weighs next to nothing, battered, £karma with anything else

Black steel "nimrod", super strong, put it on your expedition bike! £3

Blue ano "Elite", £3

Cogs, sprockets, rings

5766269008_666f6142dc_z.jpg

Blackspire (I believe) 42t chainring, never used by me, almost like new, £7

Truvativ 32t bashring, £4

Black 32t ring with pins, lightweight, £8

Silver 32t ring, no pins, heavier duty, £8

Shimano SX-MF30 screw-on 16t freewheel, unused, £16 (£25 at CRC)

Dura-ace lockring (LH thread), £3, sold pp; silver unbranded lockring (LH thread), £2.

16t and two 18t track sprockets (screw-on, RH thread), £4 each.

16t (£4), 17t nice drilled (£5) and 20t (£4, sold pp) cassette-to-SS conversion cogs.

FSA 22t 5-bolt granny (not shown), £6.

Saddles

5765720363_881f78c4ed_z.jpg

5766267980_a5ea086a9f_z.jpg

From left to right…

Vetta lightweight job. Small rips on both corners. £7

Avocet. £7

Specialized BG. Reasonable condition. £17

Iscaselle sprung thing. £5

So there you have it. Swaps wise I am looking for…

Bar-end shifters, preferably 3x9 but would consider 3x7.
One Schwalbe Marathon tyre (really), 700x32.
Lowrider front rack.
Saddle/bar bags and panniers.

Er, and I am up for non bike swaps, I need…

Good quality dual 31-band graphic EQ, must be 19" rackmount, preferably with parallel jack and XLR outputs
Decent stereo 3-way crossover

Or I will swap all the above gear for a Hill J Series sound desk. You never know...

Yes please, pending better pics, Shimano SL-MT62 (Deore) 7x3 thumbies. Condition 6/10, one is missing its barrel adjuster. £10

++ Blue ano "Elite", £3.

DISASTER!

I've just deleted my PMs. All of them. What a loser I am.

If you are buying stuff please PM me again ASAP with what you were having and your postal address.

I am an idiot.

Back