difference between Panaracer Smoke, Smoke Lite and Smoke Hardcore?

Hardcore...
I think that's a two compound tyre, thin soft layer on the top, not quite black, and harder compound under it.
Not really for general use as the soft layer would be gone quickly.
(actually it may have been these that where in a cheap sale)..

By the HC/SC/Hardcore era with the different patterns, I think they dropped the Magnum naming?

At least that's what I think, probably read. These modern smokes are a bit later than my era, I had gone Psycho/Onza/IRC by then.

Last edited:
Going to guesstimate a bit here, plenty of the magazines on here, if you find reviews, prices etc, grab a scan/quality picture...

1990 Smoke
1992 Dart

Mid 90s HC/SC etc...?

~1997 range dropped for just the Classic branded Smoke and Dart?

Thanks for that info
It’s quite confusing!!
I was pondering whether to go for the smoke and dart or IRC Mythos XC
Will likely be the IRC amberwalls as they’re probably my favourite looking and feeling tyre and are very light

Just add some further confusion, I think I have a NOS 1.9 Lite Compe in black wall - which is also referred to as “Black Lightning” or something like that. I’ll try and grab a pic.

We have

And

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back