Deore seatpost in box

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Take it for what it is......as the description is....errrr....interesting.....

"Never used...new other....... been fitted"

But paint missing from rail clamps and obviously been up and down more times than working girls drawers. But still its a deore post in a box!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
@Tootyred thanks for the heads up!
I decided to make a cheeky offer before the price inevitably jumped up (better ones seem to be fetching around £75 atm 😯) and it was accepted so I’ll probably attempt to clean it up a bit and buy some of those replacement eBay decals from Spain. Then likely stick it on my 91 Diamond Back Apex which isn’t a show bike or anything but it’s got value to me so I plan to whack a full DX m650 groupset on it 😉
I’m still on the hunt for a decent 26.8 but it’s good to have a 27.0!
Any tips for removing the scratches?

Attachments

• A49A1AB0-4917-438B-BFE9-F5D50BB6907D.jpeg
    A49A1AB0-4917-438B-BFE9-F5D50BB6907D.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 97F65C0F-588A-45FC-9469-ED7E02AB0DED.jpeg
    97F65C0F-588A-45FC-9469-ED7E02AB0DED.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 10
You might sand some out with 400g /600g /1000g wet and dry, but you need to go steady as you dont want to make the post thinner.....well actually you do! But im not sure how much i would be happy taking off.

Then polish it.....

You might sand some out with 400g /600g /1000g wet and dry, but you need to go steady as you dont want to make the post thinner.....well actually you do! But im not sure how much i would be happy taking off.

Then polish it.....
Up to about a thousand grit; got it nice one 😉
If I can make it look half as clean as those MT60 highlight polished cranks I got off you then I’ll be happy!

Sand the whole thing, not patches.... wet.....not dry...or you will see the un even surface when polished.

If you get to 1000g, you can just give it a coat of autosol as a final polish.....job done.

Attach it to a drill , spin it in the different grades (wet) and then polish it in same way. Easier than doing it by hand. I’ve taken a 27.0 down to 26.8 with no issues.

Back