Dean Titanium Cantilever Frame 19" (18.5) [SOLD]

shogun700

Retro Guru
Hello all, this is a very nice early/mid 90's Dean 'Titanium' frame that I would like to sell. I do not know the exact year, although it's worth noting I removed what I believe to be the original BB from the frame, a UN-91 date coded QK-1992 November. The frame is in excellent condition, with one divot on the downtube from a water bottle rubbing, and some cable rub as seen in the pictures. There is no chainsuck and the the original chainslap protector is present and doing it's job. Decals are all present and original, some are excellent, others have some rash, but overall they are quite good, particularly the drive side. Other notables: Scratches on the inner stays from the brakes being released to remove the wheel, and a few other minor scuffs here and there. The BB shell has a very small ding on one side that does not affect the threads-the shell is tapered and protects them. I tried to highlight this stuff in the pictures, please check them out.

BB threads are excellent, I had no issues getting the original BB out, and I believe it's been there about 20 years.

The BB shell is stamped MADE IN USA D19216. As I understand it, these are TST frames made for Dean-'D', followed by the size (19") and the number in sequence (216th 19" frame made). Please note that the actual measurement from the center of the BB shell to the top of the seatpost is 18.5", and the top tube is 22" center to center. It uses a 1 1/8" headset and a 27.2 seatpost.

If you have any questions, or need to see more photos or measurements, just let me know. I'm in the US and will ship pretty much anywhere, and I pack with utmost care. Price is $600 and I'll split the cost of postage to your location. I don't sell too often on Retrobike, but have been a longtime member/poster and sell on ebay with 100% feedback, my ebay ID is normalab.

Feel free to comment in the thread but you must PM me to stake a claim to it, first come, first served.

I'm leaving in a few hours for the day, but will check back before I go, and as soon as I return.

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3690.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

Re: Dean Titanium Cantilever Frame 19" (18.5)

Beautifull
My unicorn but alas skint

Tc :( :cry: :cry:

Nearly identical to a kona hei hei apart from cable stops and rear canti brace? :?

If you'll forgive the shameless self-promo, I have a 27.2mm Dean ti post if the frame purchaser would like it ;)

Thanks all! LOL Pedro, if you weren't all the way across the Atlantic I'd buy that post for my Santana.

Not quite sold yet, but working it out.

shogun700":6bm73p50 said:
Thanks all! LOL Pedro, if you weren't all the way across the Atlantic I'd buy that post for my Santana.

Not quite sold yet, but working it out.

I can get a quote... ;) :LOL:

Doesn't look too hideous - probably about £70 inclusive if there's not a max dimension I've missed. It's got no stickers and it's been cut neatly but otherwise sound. Good scrub would be beneficial though!

Drop me a PM if you're tempted ;)

Back