Cycle to work scheme

I was tempted to do it again but I currently work from home and questions may be asked :LOL:
Don't think they will as pretty sure it's changed from cycle to work to cycle where you want now, along with unlimited budgets if your employer lets you? You can buy parts now too which you couldn't before the changes.

My employer has finally green lit this, unfortunately it's capped at £750 and is tied to Halfords :mad:, although someone thinks Tredz can also be used.

Feeling pretty disappointed to be honest, no idea why they capped it that low, I urged them to look for alternative retailers but to no avail. So,what can you get for £750 from Tredz?

One thing I'm not sure about is whether I will be able to throw some of my own money in, I'd happily bung a few hundred in if it means the difference between meh! and YEAH!

Browsing Halfords and Tredz sub £750 bikes is somewhat like snorkelling in a sewer, I've come to the conclusion that rather than getting a mediocre (at best) soulless '''''bike'''''' I'll just get a top of the range e-scooter instead, if only for the chuckle factor.

Last edited:
£750? That's nonsense! I guess it's because they don't want to have to pay out for the bikes before recouping the money?

I could be wrong but I think Halfords can source bikes from other shops for you? Worth an ask.

You dont have to use an outsourced scheme. Businesses can basically set up their own and manage it over as many months and as much bike value as they can afford. In essance its just salary sacrifice scheme.

As long as the asset belongs to the company for the loans duration payback and provided a " fair" % payment (set out by hmrc) is made to purchase at the end all is good!

Plus there really is no need for the employee to pay the vat.....until the asset is sold.....at which point is 20% on 5% of its value.

Latest posts

Back