Custom Sunn Bmix

fatboymal

Dirt Disciple
Dibs then pm for payment details, paypal gift please. I can post using a proper bike box for £20, will be well packed, collection from CF71 is welcome.

A custom Sunn Bmix. Anyone who has tried these will know just how much fun they are. This was a great project for me, built over some years, but has had very little riding use so time for it to go. It has been stored in the garage and moved several times over the last 15 years so don't expect it to be pristine, it's not. It has scratches! However, it rides fabulously. I gave the hubs a service, put on new tubes and new Schwalbe Big Bens front and rear so it's ready to ride.

bmix1.jpg

bmix2.jpg

Parts list:

Sunn Bmix frame. Sent to Argos Cycles to have the rear brake cable routed internally in the top tube for a clean look, and then painted by them in silver.
Sunn Bmix fork. Sent to Argos Cycles to have the front brake posts removed, then painted gloss black by them.
Wheels. Original Sunn Bmix 26", new tubes and 26 x 2.0 Big Bens fitted. Can throw in a pair of used Mitsuboshi Comp III 26" x 1.75" tyres for the retro look if required (they're not perfect, but rideable).
Rear Brake. Shimano XTR V brake and lever. Rear brake cable internally routed.
Stem. Odyssey cruiser stem.
Bars. Low rise 4130 cruiser bars. Can't remember manufacturer! High end though. Fitted with ODI longneck grips and gold Profile Racing end caps.
Cranks. Profile Racing 3pc.
Chainring. Renthal Ultralite.
Pedals. Wellgo Magnesium/Ti pedals. Lovely lightweight pedals, but can swap for mid-school Shimano DX if preferred.
Seatpost. Old school Renthal 25.4 layback seatpost, DMR jump saddle (not pretty, but comfy!)

I've ummed and ahhhed about a price for the last week. On one hand it's a Bmix so whilst lovely not of very high value, on the other hand it has some nice parts I could part out. So I'm going to start at £275, now down to £225 and see how we go.

Any questions or more hi-res pictures needed, just ask. Cheers. :)

Back