Crate of Oranges - two C16Rs and a P7

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Two C16Rs. Both early. Lovely-riding bikes as aficionados will well know. Forgiving yet gorgeous steel. Just need space in the workshop. Will drop a tear for the silver one....

Silver 15inch. Defined as ‘small’ by Orange. I think 1995 I will check serial number and send more detailed photos if anyone expresses interest. Was my ‘go to’ bike for years. Not entirely original spec as has Aheadset fitted, ‘97 control tech stem and Judy’s (which have RS springs, not powdered elastomers). Also early LX Vs, and those nice early alloy LX levers. Otherwise very original STX throughout, including ‘angry orange’ Ti saddle.

300 gbp or near offers. Plus postage to where you are or pickup Cambridge.

Black 17inch. Now this is a bit of a stunner. Essentially NOS...barn find etc. Everything just as the day it left Halifax. A really low mileage bike - just a few hours then storage. Only things which are different are the grips and tyres. But still scope for retro-bikers since it needs a bit of attention to decals and potential remediation of slight patina. Everything else (FIR gold rims - true and undamaged) truly NOS-like. Date unclear but I think ‘96 decals - will check SN. It’s brilliant and I don’t want it to go, but ‘needs must’.

300gbp or near offer.

Finally a tiny P7 - matt black, 12inch Orange XS - will be coming up soon. I place this as 1999 since it has original disc lugs on rear triangle and 1 1/8 headset not 1 inch. I used this as a fantastically light youth bike for my 12 year old, adding some immaculate contemporary OEM Rockshox SID SLs (red - alloy steerer serviced by PLUSH) - amazing bike. Bike will come with original Z7 steel fork.

Bike will be 300 gbp

SID SL Forks 120gbp

Or offer for fork and bike together.

Text to 0770 250 5256 for more photos and details if interested.

Attachments

• ED2A889D-174C-4917-B2DA-79DDCAC3E800.jpeg
    ED2A889D-174C-4917-B2DA-79DDCAC3E800.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 353
  • EC66E037-F4EF-4435-8A6F-E9F87A25A2B8.jpeg
    EC66E037-F4EF-4435-8A6F-E9F87A25A2B8.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 353
Re:

Lovelies!
Hope you sell them whole and unpeeled but if you do strip them I'm hovering vulture style over the saddles, wheels, dust caps..

Re:

..should have said...I've the original Orange bar ends for the silver one lurking somewhere. But where exactly.....hmmmm.....

Re:

Not yet - it’s all wrapped up in a box and needs assembling. Ritchey rims and other parts. LX groupset - the grey one. WTB original tyres.

Back