Concorde CF with Dura Ace 7400 - Late 80's

robgod

Dirt Disciple
Been putting it off, but finally decided to let go.

Concorde frame (Carbon-Fibre tubes/Ali lugs) - 60cm frame, 57cm top tube
Full Dura Ace 7400 8spd group (Gears, brakes, Chainset, BB, hubs, headset, seat post)
Campag Black V-section rims (sorry!)
Cinelli stem & Crit bars (65-42)
Gearing; 39/53, 13-25 cassette (First 2 cogs are late replacements on the cassette (not-dura-ace) but I do have the original ones. I just needed lower gears!)
No pedals, but I do have the original 7400 look pedals (see link pictures) - offers will be considered if you want them.

I obtained the frame & Groupset 23 years ago but only built it about 5 years ago when my mid-life crisis hit. Its only seen about 1000 miles of summer riding - still has original brake blocks! (although the bars and stem and saddle have been used previously so more wear visible on those).

The frame and components are still very good condition. Please note, I am not claiming the bike to be in "Mint" condition - there are some scuffs and scratches on the frame from the miles it has done but has not been in any accidents, drops or falls.

STI levers (also purchased as NOS) were added afterwards, so if you like real retro, I can provide original brake and down tube levers for £50 extra - and the box for STI levers if you wish to sell them on (or just keep them clean!)

More photos from last year:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10003642 ... NSm59STpQE

Will be putting it on ebay later this week.
Location; Essex - 5 minutes from M25 , J28 (east). Sorry, collection only. will not post.
Any questions, please let me know.
£600

History (for anyone interested!);
I worked for a small bike company called Kirk Precision that folded around 1993 ( more on the company can be read here; http://www.kirk-bicycles.co.uk/Kirk.htm)
This Concorde was just purchased by Kirks as a sizing model when Kirk Precision were trying to get their bikes on the pro circuit. It was never built and never ridden. The Dura-Ace group was purchased with the intention of fitting to a Kirk Pro-frame and be a flagship model but it was also never used at the factory (The pro team obviously preferring to trust their own mechanics!!)
Alas, the failures of the Kirk Precision frame were solved too late to save the company, and the Concorde frame and DuraAce parts were offered for sale to the staff at the end. Purchased with my redundancy money, I never got round to building the bike of my dreams. My cycling days were replaced with work and family until 5 years ago when I decided to finally unbox the parts and build it. After one ride, I realised that the downtube shifters were too scary for me, so I scoured the net for some original 7400 STI levers, which I found in Switzerland. NOS stock - they were perfect! Now, after a few years, my circumstances have changed and I no longer use it and see no point in keep it gathering dust.

Attachments

• concorde.JPG
    concorde.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 844
Re:

Just checked eBay....sellers charges are ridiculous! And Gumtree looks like a hive for stolen bikes so unlikely to find the target audience there.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can sell this it would be appreciated.

(shameless attempt to bump) :oops:

Actually Its a TVT HR frame & forks rebadged as a Concorde & a good price considering the condition of the Frame & the Dura Ace 7400 STI groupset. GLWS

Re:

Thanks stringfellow. Tried to be realistic about the price.... And I don't have any fees to cover here :)

Back