Concern shown to those stranded by the snow.

Dr S":31a85rq9 said:
That always makes me laugh 'Dont use your car unless it is essential'. WTF? As if anyone actually drives around just for fun these days. Fuel at a million pence a litre, roads with potholes bigger than the road to Basra, hour long traffic jams just to get through a small village, and a t**ser driving at 28mph in a Citroen Piccashole every hundred yards.
I would rather drive sharp sticks up my own arse than drive on britains roads at the best of times, never mind in the bloody snow. Patronizing gits.

With this one and the post before there is joke potential. Neither would be in good taste so I won't go there. Maybe Lysander can do the honours?

alot of journeys arent necessarily necessary. a lot of people just dont have the common sense to realise it!

Dr S":2skbie5q said:
That always makes me laugh 'Dont use your car unless it is essential'. WTF? As if anyone actually drives around just for fun these days. Fuel at a million pence a litre, roads with potholes bigger than the road to Basra, hour long traffic jams just to get through a small village, and a t**ser driving at 28mph in a Citroen Piccashole every hundred yards.
I would rather drive sharp sticks up my own arse than drive on Britain's roads at the best of times, never mind in the bloody snow. Patronizing gits.

Oh believe it, the dimwits with their 4 x 4s are out there poncing around, which I suppose makes a change from the south west cruisers in their pimped up more plastic than metal rot boxes.

Those that say don't drive unless you really have to are thinking about the dimwits who believe their modern cars are so superb that they are not going to have a problem when the severe deficit of friction beneath rubber tyres brings them back to reality with the sound of crunching metal and glass.

One dimwit I heard of recently said he will be ok, he has air bags, like it's all ok because if he crunches, his air bags will save him, yeah, and that is really worth taking a car out that costs money, because you feel safe behind an air bag.

Anyway those who feel safe with their air bags, how do they know they are going to work when needed, because they are fitted, nothing is to say they will work. But I am finding people are just either plain stupid, or complacent in their little insulated worlds.

[/quote] But I am finding people are just either plain stupid, or complacent in their little insulated worlds.[/quote]

thats very true too.

highlandsflyer":3lurtn01 said:
velomaniac":3lurtn01 said:
Old Biker parlance for a car driver is a 'Cager', a crazy critter that lives in a cage, enough said ;)

Irony being that nowadays 99% of bikers are also 'cagers'.

:)

that makes me a 1%er then. no 4 wheeled stuff for me.

I don't really get the prejudice.

I have been riding bikes longer than I have been driving cars, but I see each as having certain qualities that make them useful. I don't see one as a replacement for the other, except in pure A-B travelling terms. My main car is actually more economic than all but two of my bikes!

:)

Anti - bike humour ;

http://www.messybeast.com/dragonqueen/bike.htm

But honestly, I think it is just because we live in a crowded country, not enough space for some.

Some cyclists get self righteous and the same with four wheel users, but I do know road courtesy is just about dead in most parts of the country, this possibly caused by a selfish attitude to not just the roads, but everything in Britain, since perhaps the eighties.

Ten....

Nine...

Back