Computer help- Buying

I'm another self-builder-in-the-past-that-can't-be-bothered-now. If self-building and you get a compatibility issue (wrong type of RAM, etc) as I did once then it can be a pain to diagnose and sort out, return the part, replace. Like bikes really, you have to enjoy doing it and finding out as you get things wrong and I can still be bothered with bike but not PCs.

The last couple I've bought have been from the Del Outlet site. Worth keeping an eye out there as they do have some good deals (search on both Business and Home parts of the site) and normally enough stock in different models to pick a spec that roughly suits as long as you're not too fussy. What I've done with the last couple is buy an SSD drive (from Amazon, Crucial etc) at the same time and then on first using the PC use clone the HDD to the SSD, which is easy to do. It's the SSD that makes the biggest difference by far, as FluffyChicken says.

Aye indeed, all well and cheaper option goes wrong and you really regret it.

which is why having someone with the experience is a must. Sure we can all fix our own bikes but how many will service discs, or a modern fork or even a rear shock.
Oh yes if you know how its the way to go but if not sure or want to save the hassle then buy prebuilt.

So I thank thee all, certainly much to consider :D
But its done now. The system arrived at 1pm today and this in me on my first use of it.

Lightning :shock:
I think ill leave the games account set ups till later this eve.Right now im examining W8.1, which has a proper start button.
That horrible 10" laptop of mums ive been using -GONE ,oh joy. In fact if it wasn't hers and she didn't want it back i'd bandsaw the bloody thing into lots of little bits. :twisted:

Cheers all :D

Cannot wait to get a game running on this in ultra settings.Been a while since ive had this level of spec.

Back