Chris King Forgery??

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Won a green CK on ebay and it arrived today.The upper race[not the upper cup] isnt anything ive seen before and totally different that any of my others.
Thought it might be an old version but i dont know that much about their early stuff so havent a clue.
The frame cups have what appears to be the correct bearings and i remember the last lot of dodgy ones had cheap sealed bearings with a different bearing cover of cheap plastic not the metal CK normally have covering their bearings.The one i have is metal.
Its the upper race thats got me worried.Ive never seen one with the inner section :?
Link to sale
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300783859063? ... 1497.l2649

Ill pop up some pics if needed but theres enlargeable ones on the sale.
Look at the upper race and tell me what you think :? :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
if its any consolation Andy i have a silver one i bought
a logo'd 11/8" nothread
looks like no king i've seen before
its an okay head set .but its no a king
you can feel that when you spin it

I don't think the upper race should have the spliton the inside.

I bought a fake turquoise a while back. It does not work with a King crown race. Try swapping parts around with a real King.

pete_mcc":3pwjolzs said:

Get with the times grandad. Thats the new king top race to prevent the o ring from scoring a groove in the steerer tube. It's an upgrade on the standard! Think it's called the griplock top race.

Halfway down here:

http://singletrackworld.com/2010/09/int ... rst-forks/

I'd say you got a steal!

Well there you go.Thanks Pete :D
Not vintage in fact it is modern.
All i have to do is wait for the reply from the seller then send an apology :oops:

on a slight tangent but from Pete's link

this thing is beautiful :cool: :cool: :cool:

with a caption that reads the early nineties called to say there back or something,

big part of why i love retrobikes is the way they look compared to the bland modern fare , we have seen a return to steel to some degree, amberwalls and now purple and ano :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4567.jpg
    IMG_4567.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 519
highlandsflyer":1xoqh803 said:
So were any clones, or is my instinct intact?

No clone,its the real McCoy :D
In my defence i was thrown off by getting one so new and modern and up to date,normally the ones i buy are several years old.
Result :D

Back