Wanted Cheap 27.5” front disc wheel

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Standard qr non boost in black if possible but anything considered, even a wheel needing trued would do as for a friend on a budget

Pictures and prices posted please

Hey, I have some OEM wheels I took of a Boardman XC hardtail that might be suitable, the front anyway. I rebuilt the hub with my brother about a year and a half ago so as far as I recall they run pretty smooth - not sure how true they are though, but from memory they were fine. FWIW, I tried to set either the front or the rear up tubeless, but I was quite impatient so it didn't work (needed more tape), but I believe it may be possible!

I am tied up in a meeting this morning so I'll see if I can get you some pictures later. In terms of cost, I'd just like postage covered. If you like, I can send photos of the rear wheel as well :)

Hey, I have some OEM wheels I took of a Boardman XC hardtail that might be suitable, the front anyway. I rebuilt the hub with my brother about a year and a half ago so as far as I recall they run pretty smooth - not sure how true they are though, but from memory they were fine. FWIW, I tried to set either the front or the rear up tubeless, but I was quite impatient so it didn't work (needed more tape), but I believe it may be possible!

I am tied up in a meeting this morning so I'll see if I can get you some pictures later. In terms of cost, I'd just like postage covered. If you like, I can send photos of the rear wheel as well :)
Yeah I’m definitely interested, that’s very generous of you

Hey mate,

Here are the wheels, I've added a couple extra shots for dimensions and one of the rear hub with HG freebody.

Looks like internal rim width is 21mm and external about 30mm.

Front one has been taped with muc-off tape and the rear has the regular rim strip - I'm not sure I will be able to find that original yellow strip from these wheels but I can have a look if you want. I reckon these could be sealed up tubeless but you'd just need a few more goes round with the tape to make a tight enough seal for the tyre on the rim before it has been inflated.

I'm just impatient so when it didn't seat first time I just decided to use tubes!

Edit: I should say, they seem in reasonable condition - no dents that I can see but some paint chips from use etc - the usual.

PXL_20220904_151119573.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220904_151307453.jpg
    PXL_20220904_151307453.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20220904_151327671.jpg
    PXL_20220904_151327671.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20220904_151130635.jpg
    PXL_20220904_151130635.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 2
Yes please, pm me your PayPal details and I’ll send the money over today.

Thanks again

Hey that's great - I do need to get an idea of what they'll cost to send and I'm in the office today so may not be able to find out until this evening.

And just to confirm, would you like both or just the front?

Ta

If I could take the pair I’ll offer the rear I’ve got sitting here for postage, means I’ve got a matching pair lol

Thanks again

Back