Cavernous quiet diesel estate £1150

konafan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought earlier this year as I needed an auto to drive about whilst recovering from a shattered collarbone. (yes, ouch!)
Now I'm nearly fully recovered the car is no longer required.

Mercedes W124 E300D estate. Late model - 1996.

Excellent versatile load space with 7 seater option under boot floor, and 2 different load area lengths with integral dog guard in both positions!
Lots of usual Merc' quality features (all working) including electric windows (4), remote central locking with child locks, electric mirrors, electric sunroof, switchable interior lighting inc. rear load area lighting, single wiper, auto reverse wiper, soft close boot. 4 speed auto, excellent silky smooth and quiet "OM606" multivalve diesel engine returns 38mpg. No air con or cruise control. Excellent clean cloth trim, blue paintwork is clean but carries a fair few scratches expected of such a useful car of this age!
Mileage is 179,350, and if you know about the W124 series cars you'll know this is nothing particularly for the diesel models, "the last of the over engineered Mercs" is a popular quote used by the motoring press to describe these cars!
The drivers side front wing has suffered from the only weak point of these cars, and has a nasty rusty area approx 4 inches long), and front bumper strip has a poor repair, (strips can be replaced).
I had it serviced recently including ATF fluid and filter.

Tax will be up very soon (end Aug) and MOT is until mid Oct 2013.
Stainless exhaust.
Much history including original bill of sale.
Towbar fitted, and genuine Mercedes load liner if required.

£1150
Sheffield S8
Tel: 07725176193

Owning one myself which is just run in at 225k miles i can confirm that these cars go on forever with a little TLC.

Back