Carrera Crossfire Hybrid Frame and Forks SOLD

Henne

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Carrera Crossfire Hybrid 22" frame and Suntour suspension forks. 7005 aluminium Hybrid design with V Brakes and to fit 700c rims and 135 old rear. I got this for a project that I thought I would do, namely a gravel bike conversion but I have other projects that need finishing first and this is taking up space.
Dimensions: seat tube c2c 22". Top Tube 22" c2c.
The forks do compress a little but ideally I would service it if I was keeping it to use. No visible signs of leaking from seals. I did remove the front V brakes but unfortunately the allen bolt is stuck in the mount and I ended up unscrewing the brake post from the fork. You can either use these brakes as I will leave them on or just replace the post .Threads in the fork post are good btw.
Overall the frame seems in good condition and the BB treads are good. The BB came out with ease.
One downside is that the rear mech hanger will need replacing as it is bent but the frame seems straight when I did the old string test. Total weight as seen in pics is a shade under 6kg.
As it is pictured is what you get including the headset and brakes. It will make a good base for a Gravel bike. Looking for £20 plus postage. Can be picked up from Essex though.

Attachments

• DSC_6252.JPG
    DSC_6252.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 356
  • DSC_6249.JPG
    DSC_6249.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 357
  • DSC_6245.JPG
    DSC_6245.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 357
  • DSC_6247.JPG
    DSC_6247.JPG