Carlton Corsa 21.5", Campag/Wienmann/Brooks 1971

Lovely looking classic bike, rides very well. High quality new finish, framenumber F7008. Exactly which model in 1971 originally I am not sure, but it is most probably the 'Corsa'. Sold to me as an 'International', I added another chain-wheel to cope with the Derbyshire hills over this summer. Campagnolo Valentino Extra rear derailleur, Record front (photo attached of this, but older Matchbox type fitted in the photo whilst the Record mech is being re-threaded on the cable clamp bolt. Will swap back on sale). Spec is:

Ø 12-speed gears, Campag clamp-on levers
Ø Forged Cyclo drop-outs, 531 tubing (I understand it to be double-butted, but not certain), all up as in the photo, weighs in at around 11kg; a proper bike.
Ø New Weinmann 27" alloy rims, newly re-spoked to Maillard quick-release mechanism on rear, Spidel on the front, new tyres
Ø Campagnolo Super Record 'Strada' cotterless chainset, chrome quill pedals with Christophe toe-clips and white leather straps
Ø Brooks BN5 saddle, or can fit the sportier B17 (very nice saddle, but has two deep scratches on it, ask me for a photo)
Ø Campag single-bolt adjust alloy seat stem 25.2mm
Ø GB alloy stem with Sakae SR bars and shim
Ø Weinmann centre-pull Vainqueur 610's alloy, as new, with new cabling.
Ø Carlton rubber hoods over Weinmann brake levers
Ø Period Bluemells mudguards, black with fluorescent orange strip

It's on EBay for £350. Any prospective purchasers are welcome to come and view the bike in Buxton or Sheffield before bidding. Tel: 07850 744957, Dave

Sounds like an interesting bike but your ad will need a price otherwise I'm afraid the Mods will lock it. Alternatively I guess you could list it in the eBay section.

Back