Carlton Carrera - RetroMod - Veloce 10 speed groupset

daccordimark

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Carlton Carrera - RetroMod - Veloce 10 speed groupset - Price £650 collected

I'm selling my RetroMod Carlton Carrera and thought I'd offer it to my RetroBike brothers and sisters first before it goes on eBay.
It's obviously not one for the purist RetroBiker but if someone on here wants it they'll get it a bit cheaper this way.

The frame is 531C throughout, was built in Nottingham in June 1986 and still has the original paint. There are quite a few chips in the usual places like the drive-side chainstay and there were areas of surface rust around the top tube cable guides etc. but they have been sanded down and touched up with enamel prior to selling. The chrome on the rear dropouts is pretty much perfect but about 30-40% of the chrome has flaked off the fork tips. However, the blades are near enough perfect with just a tiny pin sized piece of chrome missing. I thought it was a long way off needing a respray so I've been happily riding it as is.

To accommodate modern wheels the frame was cold set to 130mm spacing. It has clearance for 28mm tyres but you have to deflate the rear tyre to clear the chainstay bridge with anything bigger than the 23mm tyres currently fitted.

The groupset is full Campagnolo Veloce Silver 10 speed (apart from front mech) still in very good condition with Campagnolo Khamsin Asymmetric wheels which have only done about 20 miles.

Measurements:
Seat Tube: 22.5" c-t (55cm c-c)
Top Tube: 21.75" c-c (55.2cm c-c)
Head Tube: 5.75" 14.7cm

Detailed spec list - all components in very good condition except where noted:
Frame: Reynolds 531C throughout with chrome plated rear dropout faces
Forks: Reynolds 531C fully chromed with semi-sloping internally lugged crown
Headset: Tange Allez - original but still in good condition
Wheels: Campag Khamsin Asymmetric - only 20 miles since new
Tyres: Hutchinson Equinox2 700x23c - only 20 miles since new
Chainset: Campag Veloce Ultra-Torque 170mm cranks with 10 speed 53/39 chainrings
Bottom Bracket: Campag Record Ultra-Torque English threaded external cups
Rear Derailleur: Campag Veloce 10 speed short cage
Front Derailleur: Campag Veloce - NB this is an older 8 speed version which I prefer because the chrome cage looks nicer - it works perfectly with the 10 speed components
Cassette: Campag Veloce 10 speed 12-25
Chain: Campag Veloce 10 speed with KMC Campag specific joining link
Brakes: Campag Veloce dual-pivot front and rear
Brake Levers/Gear Shifters: Campag Veloce 10 speed
Handlebars: Deda Speciale 26mm x 420mm (c-c) - some marking of the logos on one side of the stem
Handlebar Tape: Ambrosio Bike Ribbon (modern version)
Stem: Acor 6061 quill 26mm x 100mm
Seatpin: SR Laprade 27.2mm - original with score marks on visible section
Saddle: 1991 Selle Italia TurboMatic2 - rust on rails where finish has flaked off and some cuts to leather
Pedals: NONE

The gear outers and inners were replaced along with the handlebar tape six months ago. The brake cables are older but still in good condition.

Pictures are in the Flickr album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskWVuvb8

Payment would need to be bank transfer, PayPal or cash on collection from near Huddersfield.
I haven't got a bike box at the moment so it's collection only I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Mark.

Latest posts

Back