Calling all Campagnolo 1st gen Ergo users ! (8/9 speed)

Tamandua

Retro Guru
Hi

Following a few conversations about repairing Ergos on the forums I'm currently looking at producing a run of the now discontinued G-spring carriers that fit the 1st gen (pointy hood) Ergo levers. (Part EC-RE011) this is the circular metal ring which the g springs sit in and which eventually wears out resulting in bad shifting

I intend to get a few initial samples made, is anyone interested in testing them for me? It would involve disassembly and reassembly of the shifters to install them .

Also if you would be interested in purchasing them in the future please let me know so I can gauge interest

Finally if anyone has any unwanted 1st gen shifters in any cosmetic condition let me know as I could use them for testing myself !

Cheers

Peter

I suspect I have a cracked LHS G-spring holder, but my shifters are frankensteined 1994 Records with later innards and flat spiral springs - not the 1994 design. I've got the parts on order, but would be happy to try yours!

Re:

Cheers , I'm only looking at right hand side at the moment , as these seem to wear out quicker, but I'll let you know if I get any lhs made

Re:

I'll try one. Got 2 pairs,one Record, one Record ti. The latter has just been overhauled and the former is a bit Roth to shift. Good to compare maybe.

Back