Burners !

paulmanta

Retro Newbie
Hi, I'm exploring other areas of the forum and have come across this bit, I have a couple of BMXs in my bike hoard and here they are.

An oval frame Black Burner, I've had since I was a lad, beaten to death, missing bits and in a sorry state but sporting some really rare Bandito handlebars and a pair of original Skyway mags.

In around 2019 i got the wind in my sails and decided to restore it, the stickers were available and that was all that was really holding me back so I did the whole sandblast/paint and then scour ebay and mates stashes to get it as good as i could. I didn't put the Banditos back on it, I am waiting for a Bandito frame to come my way and then Ill build a whole one and enjoy the rarity of riding some thing hardly anyone knows what it is.

I've got a new Super tuff burner here from the last re-release Raleigh did, its a nice bike to ride and I've put a lot of miles on it with the rest of the middle-aged-dads-on-kids-bikes riding crew and it is fun and quite easy on the old bones over a long ride between pubs.

Some pics !

burnt.jpg burning.jpg banditos.jpg

That one was a for a guy who wanted a load of rust repaired. Its back in his care again now.

I have two of my own, a White coupe that i need a kick up the arse to get on with and a Blue V8 that i need a kick up the arse to get on with.

There is a theme here... I have too many projects and not enough time but once I get going I tend to do a nice job.

washed..JPG

its a Rover V8 that has now been in the Manta longer than it was in the Rover, a 3.5 with injection.

Not dyno'd it because i live far from civilisation. Probably why i entertain myself restoring old stuff.

Lovely looking burners. Had a SuperTuff one as a child. Remember some of the superchrome started to peel in bits. In later years had an original Team Aero Pro from 85 and a MK1 Extra. All both complete. Cash offer to sell them was too much to hold onto them. Currently have a Mk2 Chrome and working on a new Team Replica with a set of white Skyways.

Back