Wanted Bomber Z1 crown (or any other crown +11/8 steerer that'll accept 30mm stanchions)

Ren Rawbor

Fat Chance Fan
As per above, I've a set of Bomber Z1 drop off I want to use in a build but the crown is cracked so hoping someone has a crown that'll work. Not super bothered with originality or cosmetics, the frame is a very "lived in" Base bikes SJ26 that'll become my pump track/dirt jump "chuck around" hack whilst I get back into the flow of things after 20 years worth of being a fat lazy smoker.

Got a cheap pair of Z2s at £60

You could likely sell the remaining parts and end up cost neutral

Thanks, that could be an option if nothing else pops up, ideally not looking to break up a complete fork though (or at least would rather break something that's beyond repair)

Cheers

Got a set of zochis here. They are in decent shape but missing a lower leg adjuster so maybe more appealing to pillage parts from?

I did see those, how are the stanchions mounted on these though? Are they threaded in as I don't see clamp bolts :/

Actually might be interested in the Vanilla 125r too (little bit later than I'd ideally like but they seem to be a decently tough fork by most accounts & the damping issue is of less concern (I can fiddle with internals but no way would chance welding the 'zocchi crown lol)

Will have to see what the next couple of weeks does to me finance-wise as got an MoT coming up

Ah, you are after a bolt on crown/steerer, the stanchions are pressed in. Had assumed that perhaps the whole CSU could be swapped over on to your existing forks, but no idea in reality.

Hope the MOT goes well. If you decide the vanillas are good for you, let me know.

Thanks, yeh will do. Correct I should have mentioned the crown needs to be a clamp on type that can accept 30mm stanchions.

Cheers, dan

Back