Blue Ringle Bubba hubbed wheels [ON HOLD]

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Ringle Bubba hubbed wheels front and rear, in blue.

I bought these nearly 5 years ago and have not used them at all - not even installed them on a bike. As with so many other bloody things, they have sat in the studio looking pretty.

They were a pre-emptive buy for when I got myself a Yeti - but this has never materialised and is looking unlikely to in the near future.

In the meantime I am having quite a major clear-out and focusing on only keeping bits I am going to use on bikes, with the rather revolutionary idea that I might put the studio to its intended purpose as a workspace, not a bike store (I already have two of the spare bedrooms for that purpose...)

Anyway:

The Bubba hubs are freewheel not cassette, and they include the 6 speed freewheel currently fitted which would appear to have plenty of life left. However, the new chain / new cogs 'rule' means you would probably want to swap it for a new one.

So, if you want to run 7 speed, unscrew the block and fit your new one on.

It is not recommended running 8 speed with these hubs, as it places too much stress on the axle.

The hubs are laced into RaceTech rims, which I think were a small independent British co. of the time, and are square shouldered rolled jobbies.

Link to original sales ad where I bought them from is here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9051

I paid £150 for these all those years ago, so would like the same back [postage extra on top].

As well as cool ard cash, I'm also up for a swap with some M730 / M732 hubs [in black] with a 7 speed HG70 cassette - ideally in some GX23 rims...

Equally happy to remove the hubs from the rims and swap hubs only.

Cheers,
BB

Few pics:

Back