Best MTB SPD Laceup shoes under £100

Tommy27

Retro Guru
So I need a pair or commuting spd shoes. I want something that can be walked with (hence mtb soles) and looks kinda sharp. I actually have a pair of William Lennon shoes for my toeclips, but the toe clips are currently on my fixed. For commuting I prefer spuds. Only looking for black shoes as well.

Currently considering these
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-dorica-mtb ... MPEALw_wcB

dhb-Dorica-MTB-Shoe-Cycling-Shoes-Black-2017-A1543BLACK39-9.jpg

But they're only available from the big chains from what I can tell? They do have a kind of old school look which I'd prefer.

DHB is Wiggle's house brand (and Wiggle now own CRC).

I've got on well with Gaerne for walkable SPD shoes, I use them for touring.

Re:

Pearl izumi do some nice designs but modern looking last time I checked. Spesh bg are also good. Adidas do some that look like walking shoes (terrex) and there are various options that look like skate shoes from various brands.

hamster":17mt9jk4 said:
DHB is Wiggle's house brand (and Wiggle now own CRC).

I've got on well with Gaerne for walkable SPD shoes, I use them for touring.

Sadly looking like I'll have to give Wiggle my money on this one

I have the camo version of the DHBs, can't fault them.

Have a few bit of DHB kit and its all really quite good, especially when you consider the price.

Only thing I'd say with the shoes is that its easy to do them up too tight which causes me hotspots. I presumed the laces would sort of loosen off as I rode so was doing them up super tight to start with but the loosening wasn't happening so I was spending all day in shoes done up too tight. Started taking it a bit easier and they are real comfy.

Back