Bedgebury 6 hr race, AFTERMATH

Re:

No,

No problem though, don't need prizes Mick, just love riding my bikes and racing them sometimes

Re:

Great to see old guys on old bikes beating young guys on new bikes! Results will be up later.

Some pics from facebook:

Re:

Cheers Andy, I shall be interested to see lap times between the 29er and the Sunn.
Mike was faster than me though, either way!

Well done mate! ;)

Mike

Re:

I had a mad, mad week including going to Afan on the Kula mid-week for a days riding (a long, long way from Woking) so finishing it off with a race was just the ticket! A nice drive down to Kent in the grey gloom and parked the car - only to find it was a fair way from the course. Luckily Mike was less laden so we could carry the chair and 5 litres of water between us to the course and get set up.

With no time for a course inspection (too much faffing beforehand) I simply rode to the start and prepared for the off. As soon as the whistle blew I pelted off the line into fourth place. 5 minutes in it was clear I was quicker than Mr Third Place so he pulled over and I put the hammer down for 3 laps. The course was super-twisty and tree-lined which meant as much control as speed. Lap times were around 12 minutes so pretty quick, hence 3 on three off.

Other than the odd brush with a tree and Mikes slide, everything went according to plan and we held a 5 minute lead and finally beat second place by a full lap. :) I was a bit confused when Mike disapeared for bike / wardrobe change! Results are here: http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/wp-conten ... esults.pdf

and some photos of Mike below - clearly too fast for my camera. Sorry Andy Z for the mix-up :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,029
And I was due to be at Bedgbury that day for a work related ride but was myself driving home from a week on the Welsh border. Well done guys chuffed for you :)

Re:

Nice one Mike,

Hmmmm, is that bike too small for me? :LOL: :LOL:

Comparing my lap times between the 29er for my first three, and the Sunn 26er for the second three laps, there's only three seconds difference in those sets. Discounting the last three sets, as fatigue would start to play a part by then.
So, even on a really twisty course, where there was little chance to get speed up, the 29er, for me, is the bike to ride. Less fatiguing to ride than the Sunn due to the extra travel in the forks. Maybe a 26er with longer travel forks would be the optimum bike. Well, it worked for my team mate ;)

Lesson learnt, next time TAKE THEM ALL! :facepalm: :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Minifreak":2zim97ww said:
And I was due to be at Bedgbury that day for a work related ride but was myself driving home from a week on the Welsh border. Well done guys chuffed for you :)

I drove home from a week in Abergavenny the day before the race Tim, did some road riding there,

Some ride reports halfway down the page

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=344872&start=90

Mike

Back