Autumn gravel/xc social ride

Aye well, I'm not exactly a "gravel" bike fan, was always bringing a retro hardtail MTB, the Cannondale F800 with Lefty, but now just gonnae use the modern Transmitter. A bit OTT mibbees.:rolleyes:

Velo, you got round the Forfar ride on your roadster and we’re not expecting anything more techy than that.
Plus, a day in the man cave is never a wasted day.

All the same I'll bring a retro mtb, safer on slicker mud surfaces.
EDIT:
Can't be bothered, I'll bring modded roadbike and struggle around if need be. 🙄😁
See yous later😉

Last edited:
Well that was fun. Weather wasn’t braw but could have been worse.
Big mudguards definitely the order of the day, if only to keep off the sheep shift.
Well done to Velo for getting round on tyres narrower than my rims.

Cheers Keith for the inventive route planning.

Guess who forgot their lights for the railway tunnels? Whit an auld diddy......
Twas mair glaur than gravel. Aye velo is a hero for surviving his bike choice. He's a better rider than he thinks.

"Inventive route planning", spur of the feckin' moment mair like.

enjoyed that yesterday lads. lot more climbing that I had realised and from what google street view showed lol. feeling it today.

we didnt get too soaked or too lost, albeit a couple of detours lol.

good company as always.

think thatwould be a nice loop in the summer, possibly even heading further west rather east to pitmedden. but a start/finish at the bein inn on a fine summers day would be a good un.

thanks again for turning up and not taking the pish (too much)...and i quote...."yep we turn left here....i think"

Twas great fun, but I did have the wrong bike, MacRetro have not quite got the hang of gravel, there is always a strong desire to ride a more mtb terrain 😁😂

Latest posts

Back