Anybody got Specialized Sirrus X?

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
My mate has finally decided to replace his crumbling / abused 1990 diamond back, he's thinking of a specialized sirrus x, as a do it all kinda bike. Its mostly going to be family rides on the " roads" round here and a bit of forest fire break riding....

Anybody got one.....he ask me my opinion...i just said "ppppfþttttt" or something like that as until he mentioned it i has only ever glanced at one in our local concept store 🤣.

Any insight from owners.....cheers

Pffff 750 euros for that (X2.0). Nop, I would go for a Peugeot or other brand that gives more for that money. Pro max is in cheap bicycles arround 350-400 euros, not that price. The rest all chinese, like the frame. You pay for the brand.

I said that owning a Sworks that would look like that one after some remodelation, but more lightweight and in 27.5" tires. Now it is a 26" race machine but the frame is not the best in quality, Specialized is like fast food, looks good, taste good but it is not top quality for that money.

The Sirrus is a classic commuter bike but there's nothing special about it and there are better buys to be found if your friend shops around. The lower end ones look pretty wretched: hi-ten fork! He/she will almost certainly get a better bike/buy from Boardman at Halfords. A friend of mine has a Whyte Portobello for commuting and general purpose riding: it's a good looking bike and probably better for a bit of gentle off-road than the Sirrus. He's very pleased with it: https://whytebikes.com/products/portobello?variant=39459267477573.

Last edited:
We are going shopping on sat....so we will see what some of these are lime in the flesh.

Totally agree that components may be a notch up on the less "designer" labels......but as for the frames being mass produced in the far east.......they all are 🤣. Unless your going to shed a few thousand for a high end rig.

Will certainly take in halfords in our tour!

Its funny, i ne er look at new bikes, in fact, considering i worked in a bike shop i know nothing about models or specs post 2000.....even though i own 1 or 2 " new" bikes...

Thanks for the input.

Back