Any experience with Modolo Cantilever brakes?

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone have any experience with Modolo Cantilever brakes?
I believe they were made for Cyclocross and look exactly like the Sachs Rival.
Saw a NOS set here and I think they look cool
But what’s the quality and performance like?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I believe Modolo made them for Sachs, I have a set of the Sachs version and they are pretty easy to set up and seemed to work okay but I removed them before using as they didn't suit the bike they are very chunky.

I believe Modolo made them for Sachs, I have a set of the Sachs version and they are pretty easy to set up and seemed to work okay but I removed them before using as they didn't suit the bike they are very chunky.
I can’t seem to find any pictures of them fitted
They do look chunky - the price on the eBay ad seems good!

I think they would look better on a mountain bike frame I fitted them to a very skinny tubed Audax frame with skinny tyres and they just looked completely out of place... The price is very good any import charges to add?

I think they would look better on a mountain bike frame I fitted them to a very skinny tubed Audax frame with skinny tyres and they just looked completely out of place... The price is very good any import charges to add?
There won’t be any import charges or vat as it’s under the threshold
I’m going to give these a go - if they don’t look right (I’m sure they’ll work well as according to CX magazine on talking about the Sachs Rival - they work better than new Avid or Pauls cantis!) if they don’t look right I can always keep them for something else or sell.

Back