amc music: Apr-24 Takeover available to listen back!

Re: Record store day 19/04/14

On my third set (I think). 1210 M5G, Ortofon QBert cartridges, DJM800. Ticks all my boxes.

Much I as enjoy crate digging my record shop is the internet. Glasgow still has a couple but they're only fit for my dad. Breakbeat was never popular here, 20+ years on it's non-existent.

PS if anyone has a decent oldskool collection for sale let me know. Basement, Reinforced, Moving Shadow etc.

technodup":j1v6z66b said:
PS if anyone has a decent oldskool collection for sale let me know. Basement, Reinforced, Moving Shadow etc.

You'd love my spare room ;)

technodup":3fwtbjuq said:
Much I as enjoy crate digging my record shop is the internet. Glasgow still has a couple but they're only fit for my dad. Breakbeat was never popular here, 20+ years on it's non-existent.

Agreed, discogs like this site is a wallet melter! Joking aside, I think that site has done more for the re-emergence of vinyl than any record store day event. It's meant you can literally get anything from anyone. ebay throws up the odd bargain.

Oxfam can be great; the one in Reading and most of the ones in North London are excellent.

Nothing beats a good digging section other than riding bikes and doing the lady garden inspection ;-)

Really looking forward to Saturday and playing out :)

makster":jlourdln said:
technodup":jlourdln said:

You'd love my spare room ;)
Stick it all on mp3 and make some money. :)

I knew a guy briefly in around 2000 who had the biggest proper oldskool collection I'd ever seen in Scotland. As I said it was never big up here so **** knows why I didn't buy it there and then but I've regretted it ever since. I've pretty much completed my bouncy techno/gabber/happy wants bar a couple of hundred but the breakbeat stuff I'm rubbish with the artists and titles, and the ones I do know are usually daft money. I need to buy a collection, take a week off work and get stuck right in.

Case in point- minimum £35 for NM on Ogs. :evil:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_j67L7ODZw[/youtube]

Sounds like you might need to pay a few stores south of the boarder a visit ;-)

I suppose I'm lucky in that a lot of what I buy older wise is fairly cheap or at least digable and therefore cheaper. That said, I do have to fork out for the newer stuff but try and get them 2nd hand on discogs.

I HAD TO (lol) fork out £15 last week for the only copy of Feist "Gatekeeper" (Do it right mix) I could find. £15 for a 7" is :facepalm:

£30 for the Aeroplane remix of "Paris" was perhaps a bit over the top :facepalm: :facepalm:

Re:

So spent most of the day getting shit together.

Hive Partnership over in Seven Sisters for the nice big speakers, stands and table: http://www.londonspeakerhire.com/
Then nipped over to Rollin' Records in West Wickham for some record bags - very old school and cheap - when I'm a bit more rich I'll get some decent crates: http://www.rollinrecordsuk.com/

Meanwhile it's made Timeout magazine which is nice:

h9ko.jpg

And after cake, I'm the next important thing :LOL:

m0ie0.jpg

Re:

Apparently folks have already starting queuing outside Picadilley Records in MCR. Discogs vultures no doubt ;-)

Big up anyone involved tomorrow!

Re:

due to shifts and shortages couldnt get the time off..so picked up "Pink Panther" soundtrack pink vinyl 6000 pressed and Yardbirds "Little Games" coloured splatter 400 pressed both on evilbay. :| .I know its not how it should be done..had no choice :|

Ernie ;)

Nice to see the hawks are being rebuffed a bit. £60 for the glow in the dark Ghostbusters is a piss take and thankfully no-one is biting.

Anyway - what a cracking day it was. Big queues, great vibes and lots of smiles. It was an absolute pleasure playing to the lovely staff and customers of Head Bromley. It was also great to watch and hear some proper artists with far more skill than I! This is what I played, a monster set of tunes that I'll respin into an edited highlights mix / podcast in May. Those with an asterix were purchased in Head Bromley in the last couple of years. Vinyl forever.

Saint Etienne “Only love can break your heart” (A mix of two halves)
The Orb “Little fluffy clouds” (Cumulo Nimbus mix)
Talking Heads “Psycho killer” (Stop making sense live version)
Bjork “Come to me” (Black dog remix)
Cinematic Orchestra “Man with a movie camera” (Domu remix)
Wagon Christ “Shadows”
J-Walk “Followin the noughties”*
Jazzanova “No use” (Beanfield remix)
Soulive ft. DJ Spinna “Cash's dream” (Remix)*
Stevie Wonder “Too high”
Massive Attack “Sly” (Eternal feedback dub)
6th Borough Project “U know u”
Jackson 5 “Show you the way to go”
Issac Hayes “Ike’s mood”
Diana Ross “Now that you’re gone”
Grace Jones “La vie en rose”
Kate Bush “Cloudbursting” (Organon mix)
Tears for Fears “Head over heels”
Prince “If I was your girlfriend”
Marvin Gaye “Got to give it up” (Part 1)
Sugardaddy “Love honey” (Greg Wilson edit)
Scrimshine “Warm sound” (Aaron Jerome remix)*
Beyonce “De ja vu” (Instrumental)
DJ Krush “Meiso” (DJ Shadow Klub remix)
Beastie Boys “Intergalactic” (Colleone/Webb remix)
Deejay Punk-Roc vs Onyx “Roc-in-it”
Googie Rene Combo “Smokey Joes La-la”*
Brothers Johnson “Strawberry letter 23”
Erykah Badu “Puff”
Malcolm McLaren “She’s looking like a hobo”

Break – Act 1

Rage Against the Machine “Bombtrack” (from Mark Goodier’s “Evening session”)
Gwen Guthrie “Ain’t nothing going on but the rent” (Dub mix)
Yes “Owner of a lonely heart”
David Bowie “China girl”
Pointer Sisters “Dare me”

Break – Act 2

Haim “Fallin” (Psychemagik remix)
Kajagoogoo “Hold on now” (12” mix)
Thelma Houston “You used to hold me so tight” (12” mix)
Imagination “Just an illusion” (12” mix)
Quannum Projects “Extravaganza” (Instrumental)* – additional Kill Bill 2* dialogue

Break – Act 3

Raw Silk “Do it to the music”
Tom Browne “Funkin’ for Jamaica”
Shelia E “Glamorous life”
Freez “Southern freez”
Brenda Taylor “You can’t have your cake and eat it too”

Break – Act 4

Crazy P “Lie lost” (Maurice Fulton remix)
6th Borough Project “Thinking it over”
40 Thieves “Don’t turn it off” (Greg Wilson edit)
Jermaine Jackson feat. Michael Jackson “Tell me I’m not dreamin’”
Chic “Happy man”
Jackson 5 “Show you the way to go”
Marvin Gaye “Since I had you”
Jackie Wilson “Light my fire”
O’Jays “Back stabbers”

Break – Act 5

Luther Vandross “Never too much”
Paul McCartney feat. Stevie Wonder “What’s that you’re doing?”
Natasha King “AM FM” (12” mix)
Rapture “Do it to the max”
Friendly Fires “Paris” (Aeroplane remix)
Rosin Murphy “Simulation”
Holy Ghost “It gets dark”
Feist “Gatekeeper” (Do it right mix)
Michael Jackson “Billie Jean” (Instrumental)
Lloretta Holloway “Love sensation” (Tom Moulton mix)
Kate Bush “A man with a child in his eyes”

u2g4.jpg

Re:

Sounds like you had a great day. Glad it went well for you though a touch disappointed that there is no Dolly Parton on the playlist :D

We had a cd marathon at home to celebrate...not really mixing just changing cd's when albums had finished. Treated the kids to...

Automatic for the people
Plastic beach
Parklife
Chillout - klf
Orblivion

And then the kids got fed up!

Back