Wanted A few bits and pieces for a noughties build

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've a Kinesis Maxlight kicking around that I bought cheap, which I should probably build up and do something with!

I will need the following. Parts don't have to be mint, just in reasonable shape and good to bolt on and use ASAP:

A complete pair of mechanical disc brakes, something like Avid BB5 or BB7 would be ideal. Preferably with levers as well :)

9 speed shimano rear mech. Deore XT would be good, maybe Deore/LX at a pinch

A set of black period bars to suit a 25.4 bar clamp stem. Straight or maybe even risers...

I think that's all I need at the moment. Anything out there?

Not sure if quite right, but I was looking at building a gravel/drop bar bike around a noighties frame, but have just pulled the trigger on a full bike so have a few bits I'll no longer need. How is this relavent I hear you ask, well avid db7s were my brakes for the build, though road versions. Also have bars, stem, 9x2 Shimano shifters and LX 9sp silver mech (can't remember model number but looks like an xt mech I had on a build).

Just in case you are considering a drop bar, 5hough you may not be.

Im currently stripping down the Cove, and off that i've an XT rear mech 9 spd, the silver one, M750
Fair condition, few scratches,
I'll post a pic up when I've uploaded them.

Sure you want mechanical discs ? I've a pair of mono minis coming off too. Good condition in full working order(The cove was my day to day bike before getting the Ebike, surplus to requirement now)
The only thing is you need to be called ANDY, as that's what the master cylinder covers are monogrammed, and i dont think i've standard HOPE replacements(Might have though)

Last edited:
Back