'96 Orange C-16R

pxl

Retro Newbie
21" Orange 1996 C-16R. Got my first part-time Saturday job to buy this frame when I was 16, and she's been with me ever since. Cleaned up and re-sprayed the frame (with Spray.Bike) last summer in light grey, and gave her some general TLC.

Currently set up as single-speed with club root go-fast bars, Hope front hub, Deore LX rear hub (bought as NOS wheel a couple of years ago), LX cranks (middle chainring only, although I might be able to find the outer), although I might , RST Mozo Pro 3.5" forks with speed springs, new FSA headset last summer, Orange SK9 stem (the picture is slightly out of date), late 90's LX v-brake levers and one set of brakes (the other is new Deore). The saddle in the picture has some where, but it's been replaced with a "new" one.

I also have a set of X-Lite bars and bar ends, an 90'x XT rear mech and one set of XT v-brakes (with some play in the bushes, hence the new Deore), and a set of LX SPD's.

Unfortunately a knee problem means I can't ride any more, not even a gentle peddle along the canal towpath, and I feel like she needs a good home 😭

Photo-2020-06-20-14-39-54_BE895642-E284-47D2-ABC0-182D028181C6.JPG

Latest posts

Back