93/94 Clinton, On The Rocks

Hi, i think it's good that you have pulled out the old thread about Clinton.

I have meanwhile a bit of material. Still there is not a lot about the company itself.
To me Clinton was rather just a brand for selling Bikes from Taiwan to Europe (with American name and flag).

The pic from the 95 catalog title is showing obviously a look-a-like to the Manitou / Marin FRS design, so with another supsension fork at the back.
The almost exactly same bike was sold from Winora and another no-name brand too. Also Balance had similar bikes.
Maybe a small proof that there was not Clinton-specific bike design, but they have sold various ready-made Bikes (also CroMo and Aluminium), just with a often very nice paint job and decals.

A few adds, the first one is from 94 the others from 95:
Clinton Ad aus Bike 1994.jpg
sold in Germany via a dealer in Berlin

Clinton Ad aus Bike 5 1994.jpg

Clinton Ad aus Bike 1995.jpg

and titel of the brochure for 95 (unfortunately I do not have the catalog itself)
Clinton 1995 catalog synchrossis.jpg

Wow! @joglo that must have taken some digging to find a catalog! Jack has been searching for years to find info on Clinton without much success. Thanks for sharing 👍. He has managed to swap out the crankset for a syncros and recently picked up a matching seatpost. I’ll give him a nudge to update the post/build list.
Hi @Calico_jack_76 nice to see another Clinton. Can I ask what model yours is? Is it an alloy frame? I’m pretty sure the BB in Jacks bike is a Shimano UN71.

Last edited:
Yeah, UN71 I believe in mine. Managed to get a syncros crankset for it, I’ll take pics soon.

Would love to know more about yours @Calico_jack_76. Does yours have any German writing on it. Perhaps at the bottom of the seatpost? I have only ever seen or heard about them being sold in Germany, so the fact that yours came from England is unusual.

Back