'84 Stumpjumper SC - black deer head

br0qn

Retro Guru
This one has been listed for a while, I first saw it maybe 2 months ago. 1984 Stumpjumper SC with the biplane fork and black deer head group. It's near San Francisco but if someone is in love and must have it I can try to help with shipping.

Given the rarity I'm going to paste the copy and photos here for record.

"Just as rare as the 1981 models. You probably never heard of this model. 1981 models are rare but made crappy / Tig welded. This is the opposite end of the first generation 81 to 84 Stumpys with the Bi-Plate front forks and Lugged frame. The SC model had all the Dark anodized Top of the line parts. No other Stumpy came with these parts. It’s just the Best example of an early Stumpjumper. Check out the pictures and see for yourself. Just lowered the price to a firm $1200. No lower, thank you."

1984_Specialized_Stumpjumper_SC-black_deer_head_01.jpg 1984_Specialized_Stumpjumper_SC-black_deer_head_02.jpg 1984_Specialized_Stumpjumper_SC-black_deer_head_03.jpg 1984_Specialized_Stumpjumper_SC-black_deer_head_04.jpg 1984_Specialized_Stumpjumper_SC-black_deer_head_05.jpg

As a kid in the late 80s I would have turned my nose up at this for being a few years outdated to what I wanted. Now I just think bikes of this era are awesome, the look and quality is just a different league. Don’t think the price is unreasonable either. Like @grey-beard I’m pleased it’s far enough away to just be looked at and appreciated without even the tiniest thought of how much shipping and import duties may be!

If I still got work trips from the UK to "the office", I'd be swinging by this one to take a look.

Beautiful and reasonably priced, this has been reduced significantly reduced since the initial listing.

Back