Withdrawn 48/38/28 170mm crankset and bottom pull front mech

Mike90s

Gary Fisher Fan
I've been running a 3x7 Gary Fisher Pirana as my main bike since the 90s (bought second hand in 1998. The front chainrings are worn and aren't repacable (cheapo crankset), and the front mech has a crack in it. So I figure now is a good time to replace both. Pretty sure it's a 28.6 frame, and it's bottom pull cabling.

If like to stick to the same front chainring sizes as the bike gets a fair bit of road use and the smallest rear chainring is 14t.

This is not a fancy bike (Acera rear mech), so very open to the lower end of what people have knocking around their garages as well as the fancy stuff :)

Oh, and if you have a spare crank remover I'd like one of those as well (can just buy one from ebay though).

Last edited:
Deore LX bottom pull, low band. Very lightly used! £12 posted.
51795530837_128db31004_b.jpg

51796597033_1b580e5897_b.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thank you for all the replies! I think I'm going to like this forum :)

I've ended up buying (yet another) donor bike that I hope will give me what I need. If it doesn't I'll come back to you @hamster. I am indeed in the UK @DoubleEF - I'll try to figure out how to make that clear in my profile.

Back