2005 KHS Solo ONE Singlespeed

goodogbuck

Devout Dirtbag
Picked this KHS Solo One years ago, came with matched rigid fork, but until recently have decided how to build. As you could see--------a small travel-full suspension-steel-single speed. :D

Frame: 2005 KHS Solo One

Fork: AMP F2

Headset: Syncros Hardcore(?)
Stem: Titec Cr-mo
Handlebar: Ritchey
Grips: WTB 4 Front Clamp On

Brakes: Avid Arch Rival 50
Brake Pads: Avid
Brake Cables: Jagwire
Brake Levers: Avid SD5

Freewheel: ACS Claws 18T
Chain: Connex Wippermann
Cranks: White Industries
Chainrings: Shimano M563 32T
Bottom Bracket: FSA Ultimate Cr-mo
Pedals: Time ATAC

Rims: Ritchey OCR 32H
Hubs: Real(F) & Surly(R)
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT Champion
Tyres: WTB ExiWolf 2.1
Tubes: Kenda

Saddle: Selle Flite
Seatpost: American Classic
Seatpost Binder: Salsa

Attachments

• 2005 KHS Solo One 1.jpg
    2005 KHS Solo One 1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,233
  • 2005 KHS Solo One 2.jpg
    2005 KHS Solo One 2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,233
Re:

Now that is a very, very cool bike :cool: That's right up my street.

Is there enough movement in the rear that it can be felt or does it fell like riding a bike with a large volume rear tyre?

Goes off to google KHS Solo One frames for sale .....

Re:

I always wanted one of those! I even won an auction for one in Canada but the seller backed out.

How does it ride?

Re: Re:

letmetalktomark":152bhif1 said:
Now that is a very, very cool bike :cool: That's right up my street.

Is there enough movement in the rear that it can be felt or does it fell like riding a bike with a large volume rear tyre?

Goes off to google KHS Solo One frames for sale .....

456_rich":152bhif1 said:
I always wanted one of those! I even won an auction for one in Canada but the seller backed out.

How does it ride?

I can hardly feel the movement of the rear shock ,but bystander can see it moving, KHS says there is 1" travel.

It rides like a bullet :D , the BMX/DJ likes geometry combines with AMP fork (no power losing when standing to pedal) and low gear ration (mine is 32:1:cool: makes you can accelerate or jump any time as you want, just pull the trigger.

The weakness.....un, the seatpost diameter is not quite accurate, some says it's 27.2 or 26.8 , but it much more likes 26.9, so I had to spend $5 to turn my 27.2 Amercian Classic on the machine,maybe it's common for cheap China/Taiwan made frames,right? :cool: Besides, the rear shock will creat annoy noise when jumping harsh, although I have added tons of lubricant and tightened the adjust bolt fast.

Well, I always want to try softail bike like Moots/Dekerf/Ritchey, but the price is far beyond my budget :facepalm: , so KHS is a good choice, it's cheap but funny. :LOL:

Attachments

• 2005 KHS Solo One 3.jpg
    2005 KHS Solo One 3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 2005 KHS Solo One 4.jpg
    2005 KHS Solo One 4.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,175
Re:

I love it, looks really fun!

Single speed and soft tail is not a problem? i thinking of the chain slacking when the back end flexes?

Re:

That looks like a sweet ride! :)

Never seen a KHS soft-tail before, and singlespeed as well! very :cool:

I guess there's not enough travel in the rear suspension to cause any chain growth issues.

Back