1997 Litespeed Owl Hollow

Re:

Thanks for posting this project, I still have my Owl Hollow that I bought in 1998, I might even have the receipt some were... Lovely frame!

just found this forum. really cool community!

late to this but the labeling the the badges, should be the other way around.

after they switched from decals to a metal badge in about 97, the version on the right came first. the image of the helmet is more coarse, the font is larger/yellow and the silver borders between/around the w.c.s. color bands are slightly thicker. the w.c.s. colors also match the banding on either side of the original downtube logos, which were present between about 97 and 99, when a few litespeeds were ridden to world championship series wins.

the badge on the left, with the finer lines in the helmet image, between the w.c.s. banding and the smaller silver font, was introduced around 00/01. the switch didn't happen all at once, so some earlier/later frames, had earlier/later badges.

also, arenberg, like the forest.

corrected year litespeed headbadges.jpg

Re:

So my going in plan on the Owl Hollow was to have it be the older brother to it's younger sister, a 2001 Litespeed Ardenburg road bike. The Ardenburg is completely stripped of all decals and head badge. Actually the head badge fell off when knocking out the headset. Looks like someone used bubble gum to attached it to the frame. Oddly enough the Owl headset came off when the previous owner was washing it. I can see after 20 some odd years the glue to adhere head badge to the frame would dried out. Any ideas on what to use to glue these head badge sback to the head tube?
iriGEo.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Back