1992 Coyote Pro Four - just bought one locally (Deore DX, SE Pedersen Cantis, Zoom, Girvin)

Jam_SWorks

BoTM Winner
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all, I just picked up this 1992ish Coyote Pro Four mountain bike this morning locally. Appears in almost original condition... Running Shimano Deore DX groupset (rapid fire shifters, hubs, cranks & mechs), Scott SE pedersen cantis (quirky or unusual), Girvin flex stem, Zoom bull horn bars and Araya RM-17 rims. Tube set is tange prestige. Tyres & saddle dont look original. Nice bike for the time, needs a good clean & service. Anyone know the history on these bikes/brand at the time? Coyote-01.jpg

Coyote-02.jpg Coyote-03.jpg

I wonder if it's any relation to the mid/late 1990s Coyote, which were UK based? Or could this be an American brand?
Possibly related to this 'Research Dynamics' Coyote on eBay? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265589353039

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
+1 for Research Dynamics. I remember being impressed with these in a local bike shop (Upton, Wirral) in the early 90s.

Are those SE brakes original? I think Suntour only made them for the rears - too grabby for the front (for their lawyers, maybe). But am sure I've read somewhere that Scott did them for the front as well.

Anyway, great looking bike!!

So gave it a good strip down, to review condition, rebuilt and subtle tyre/seat modifications... cleaned up well. Nice bit of kit. However, not going to keep it... to be honest its a little bit too small for me. Im usually better with a 19-20". Quirky bike.. and i will stick to my Peugeot/Specialized/Trek collection.

Here's the ad:

RD (2).JPG

RD (4).jpg

Back