1989 Raleigh Montage Woking

Its a Raleigh Montage from around 1988/89 - it looks completely original, full 501 Reynolds frame and fork and rims from that era. I have that same frame and fork, the paint is in good condition (same colour), around the same size as I would say large. Am in Scotland of anyone is interested in it. Picture here: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/thanks-retro-new-sticker-set.67362/#post-475595

You don't see many frame sets built like that those days, braised lugs and Raleigh incorporated at the top of the chain stays, lovey bike for its time.

Last edited:
Cool. That Raleigh Montage with SunTour XCT groupset and neon pink corner/shoulder bag was my first ever mountain bike (and first new bike) as a twelve year old. My dad took me into Stewart Wilson’s Cycles in Stirling and bought me a 19” Montage and a matching 21” Montage for himself. I felt so lucky and ended up riding mine to death. However, my dad’s remained unridden after a single memorable father/son ride up Dumyat (the hill behind our house) the week after purchase. It then remained steadfastly unridden in his garage for years while I had no interest in it whatsoever. When the time came that I inevitably decided I’d like to see/restore/ride it it was too late - my mum had given it away to someone in the village. So I’ve been keeping an eye out for one ever since. Purely for nostalgic reasons, although I bet it would make an awesome and fun utility bike. I might be interested in seeing your frame @stephan, but I’d definitely need to be able to get the original decals

Back