1989 Brian Rourke Valuation Please

stevef

Old School Hero
Hello

I bought this as a frame, on a whim, in April.

It is a Brian Rourke from the late 80's in 531 Pro. It is 24.5" C-T with a 22.5" C-C top tube. Until I put this together 3 months ago it had never been ridden. It has now covered 2 or 3 hundred miles. The frame has not been restored and is in excellent condition.

It is assembled with Dura-Ace 7800 STI's and front mech with a 7700 rear mech. It has Ultegra 6600 brakes and compact chainset (it is hill where I live). The wheels are NOS Tricolour hubs with 32 DT Comp spokes to H Plus Son TB14 rims. The tyres are Continental GP Classics. A Nitto Dynamic stem holds a Deda bar that has had the centre section polished. There is currently a Selcof seatpost, polished, with a Turbomatic saddle.

DSC_6903.jpg

Please take a look and suggest what it might be worth.

I have too many bikes and need something that will take mudguards for the winter!

Cheers

Steve

Re:

That's a beautiful build, but very hard to value due to the size.

if it were a 20 to 22" frame then I would say over £500, but due to the size your market is reduced.

Very elegant build, pairing a new drivetrain with a classic frame. You may regret selling it.

£250 if you want to sell it sooner. £350-£650 if you can wait for a 30 day listing or probably over.

It is more about the hype you can build on your post.

Back