lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
hi looking to sell my beloved golf to fund a faster one!

it is high miles (around 220k, will confirm) BUT these 8 valves are notorious for getting stronger with age - this one pulls very well indeed.

body is ok. not show standard but good for a daily. bit of rust forming on the door bottoms but barely noticeable.

chassis is awesome. adjustable height coilovers, fully polly bushed front end, lower eibach strut brace, uprated 22mm eibach anti roll bar. when slammed the ride is firm but it corners like it is on rails. a very planted car indeed.

If you think it is too low it can easily be raised. the coilovers are set at their lowest on the front and 15mm up at the back. the helper springs are still installed so in theory it could come down 20mm more at the front and 35 at teh back, if that's your thing.

interior is typical of a high mileage golf - everything is ok bar the bolsters on the driver's seat.

exterior is rock stock bar the removal of the rubbing strips along the sides of the car. these can easily be refitted if you desire.

these early genuine small bumper mk2's are getting harder to find now as most of them were updated with the big bumper kits and subsequently lost their charm.

I bought this car as a total shed early last year and spent 6 months putting it on the road with a mechanic friend. It isnt mint but as far as i am aware there are no bodges either.

I adore this car and will be really sad to see it go but i have been offered a late spec mk2 witha supercharged engine which i need in my life!

Price is negotiable, depending on wheels. £1200 with either p slots, 15" intra's or g60 steels. £1500 with 17" genuine porsche boxster wheels or 17" rh ae's

pic with the intra's...
33ndidl.jpg

the rh's
idzt4n.jpg

g60's (silver again now)
2rgjk10.jpg

boxster wheels, tucked at the front, poke at the rear
jktzk7.jpg

Good luck with the sale Dave, would have had this off you if I could afford a second car, looks awesome on the RH's.

Looking forward to seeing the new one ;)

Back