1960's Sun 'Manxman' FOR SALE - Photo Link now uploaded.

Tubby Geoff

Dirt Disciple
A restoration job several years in the making but never even got started! I'll never get around to this so time for it to take up space in someone else's shed!

So, we have a fully lugged Sun Manxmam with Sun 'Worksop' headbage (meaning post 1963 I think). Top tube of 57 cms c-t-c and Seat tube of 59 cms c-t-t. Not sure of tubing but assuming Reynolds 531 double butted.

Components of note:

Campag Record seatpost 26.8mm
GB Maes bars (various engravings including map of Britain)
Normandy high flange hubs
Campag front and rear dropouts
Weinmann Vainqueur 999 (early ones with centrepull)

Other components:

SR Royal chainset
Shimano Crane 10-speed gears/levers
BB (can't see name)
Quill stem (no name)
Clincher box rims (no name)
Saddle (no name)
Tange headset

I think with a bit of tlc you could get this going quite easily, or obviously go for the full restoration job. It's a lovely looking frame, just rough around the edges where, for example, one of my ancestors has tried their hand at lug lining and failed miserably!

I have no idea on value so open to offers really, although I know the sort of ball park figures some of the components would sell for via Hilary Stone.

Happy to arrange delivery (as low a cost as I can find) or you're welcome to collect in person from Newbury, Berks.

Photo's can be viewed by accessing:

www.flickr.com/photos/geoffbryant2012

Cheers,

Tubby Geoff

Hi just come across this feed , I realise it’s an old one but did you ever identify bike ? I have a 1964 Sun Wasp 100 and know of only 1 other. Yours looks like could be one ? If still got I’d be int in seeing current pics ?!
Cheers

Back