118 BCD chainrings NOS/light use, Super Custom Crankset

mboro1876

Dirt Disciple
Having recently switched cranksets these are surplus. Pics to follow or on request:

-- NOS 51T 118 BCD Apex Chainring £30
-- NOS 40T 118 BCD Apex Chainring £27
-- Lightly used 36T 118 BCD Apex Chainring £30

Also could sell:
-- SR Super Custom 175mm Crankset in good used condition, incl. 52T and 40T 118 BCD Chainrings with plenty of life £40
-- may have the bottom bracket for the above but I need to look :)

Get in touch!

Re:

I know this post is over a year old, but I am scraping the barrel! Is there any chance the 36T ring is still available?

Not hopeful, but ... you never know.

Re: Re:

Black Dog":20s4dmqi said:
I know this post is over a year old, but I am scraping the barrel! Is there any chance the 36T ring is still available?

Not hopeful, but ... you never know.
I might have a new one if no luck.
is it 36 / 118 you definitely need?

Thanks for replying. Yes, it’s the 36T 118 BCD ring I need. It’s for an SR chainset on a 1979 Carlton Corsair with 52/42. Back in the day I had the same bike and converted it to 42/36 and it made a brilliant touring setup. The 36T was available over the counter then but they are like hens teeth now. If you’ve got one I would be interested. Cheers.

Re:

I was tidying yesterday (taking loads of ring out a big organised box and putting them in draws).
I think the 118's are all 52T (three of them).
unfortunately. :-(

Can I interest you in 144, 130, 86, 80 all them other odd sizes my bikes don't use ;-)

Time for milling out 110s or finding a nice looking 110 crank, maybe.

Re:

Thanks for looking anyway :p At least I prompted you to tidy up! Sadly, ebay is stuffed with 52T and 42T but never anything lower than 40T as far as I can see. If I was going touring on the bike in the near future, I would indeed go for a 110 crank and have the world at my feet re ring sizes. But I have other bikes for that, and I am trying to keep the Carlton as original as possible, so I'm staying with SR and 118 for the moment.

I appreciate your help, thank you.

AND IF ANYONE IS READING THIS IN THE FUTURE, EVEN IN 2050 ALTHOUGH I'LL BE 96 THEN AND PROBABLY RIDING A RECUMBENT, AND HAS AN SR CHAINRING WITH 118 BCD AND 36T GET IN TOUCH. CASH WAITING!

Cheers :)

Latest posts

Back