Wanted 1" thread neon yellow Marin Rockstars (and races if any good really)

Ren Rawbor

Fat Chance Fan
As per title really, I screwed the fork on my '91 Palisades last night so looking for a replacement set. Approx 145mm steerer.

Paint colour/condition unimportant although ideally neon yellow, plus races if poss as they're likely less brinnelled than mine at this point! Based near Mobberley Cheshire if anyone local. Thanks

You're absolutely sure it's 1" and not 1 1/8"?
I have that very bike and replaced the headset... 1 1/8"
Good luck with your search.

absolutely, have 1 1/8 forks and headsets/aheadsets/stems coming out my ears. Fortunately I've managed to resurrect the bike temporarily as I did find an old set of SR Suntour T810 in 1" languishing at the back of the garage. Apart from the fact I don't want suspension these also take a 700c wheel but it's got me back in the saddle for now lol

Shame on me... I've had the 1991 "Eldridge Grade" in mind (triggered by "neon yellow", I'd say):

IMG_554398371.jpg

Nevertheless, the 1991 Marin catalogue states for the Palisades:

Front Fork: Marin Full Cromo 1 1/8"
Headset: Ritchey Logic 1 1/8" Sealed Black

Maybe in 1990 diametres were different.

Anyway, good luck with your search.

Just looked and I guess it's a '90 not a '91 after all lol. Just found the Velo saddle it came with & it's got a '90 date code on the underside. Think the Zolatone was lighter than that also. Was being the operative word, she's not covered many miles prior to my ownership (as evidenced by it coming on original albeit rotten tyres with great tread) but led a hard life and lived outdoors hence becoming my go-to retro hack.

The more you know.... Anyhoo, defo 1" headset & the SR lasted all of 2 rides before I hated the 700c front enough to find a free cheap mtb with Zoom 381 Enduras (the cheap all steel "suspension" forks with no damping & disc only brake & I'm currently rocking those for the moment. still after 1" orginals though, I prefer rigid for sure even if the disc brake actually works pretty well for a cheapie.

That Eldridge Grade is beautiful btw, much drool on the keyboard...

I would post a pic but the state of the poor girl would get me banned lol

Just pulled the cable guide & had a better look at the frame number, according to the guide it is indeed a '91 model (10 digits beginning M91) so must be a transition model as stated. Every day a school day :)

Back