Wanted 1 1/8" Ahead/Threadless Stem. Something unique/interesting, please.

pw_pw_la

Senior Retro Guru
I'm looking for the above, with a good amount of rise.

Approximately 110-120mm in length, with, maybe, 20-30 degrees of rise. Could be a little longer/steeper maybe too.

Finding something like this in a quill is relatively straight forward, but in ahead it always seems harder.

I don't want Syncros, that much I know. But I wouldn't turn my nose up at an old Salsa.

Ideally I'm looking for something NorCal-related. Or something custom and special; something fillet brazed would be super cool. And I'll gladly look at anything a little beat up with some nice patina.

No decals? No problem!

So if anyone's got anything fancy or weird floating around they think I should look at, please let me know. Doesn't even have to be a named brand if you think it fits the bill.

There was an amazing, perfect old custom Ibis on eBay a few months back, and I regret every day not grabbing it.

Something with a similar rise and profile to this old Titec would be ideal, but it could happily be a little steeper/longer:

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 6.58.30 PM.png

I'll add some more inspirational shots to get all your creative juices and generous tendencies flowing freely later, too! ; )

Latest posts

Back